I. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND RECEIVE
We may collect the following information about you, your Recipient, or your Beneficiary, which may include non-public Personal Information:
- We collect the following categories of information / information about you, your Recipient, or your Beneficiary, which may include non-public personal information:
• Identifiers, the information that you provide us in the course of using the Service, such as your name, mailing address, email address and telephone number(s). We may also collect certain sensitive information from you, including your bank account number, credit or debit card number, date of birth and social security number.
• Information that you provide us in the course of your participation in various partner promotional programs.
• Third party personal information from you or your mobile device's address book, such as your Beneficiary or Recipient's full name, mailing address, email address and telephone number. We may also collect sensitive financial information from you about a Beneficiary or a Recipient, including billing account numbers and account balances held at service companies and bank account and routing numbers.
• Information about your usage of the Service, including your transaction history, how you use the Service to send or receive transactions, and whom are your Beneficiaries or Recipients.
• Information that we lawfully obtain from third parties, such as service companies, identity verification services, electronic database services and credit reporting agencies.
• Information that we indirectly obtain from you, such as information about the device, hardware and software you use when accessing the Service, operating system version, your IP address, pages on our websites that you access, pages of other websites that you visited prior to accessing our websites, etc.. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you.
• We collect personal information on your online activity as described in the paragraph below titled “COOKIES AND INTERNET TECHNOLOGY.”
• Recordings of your communications with our Customer Service department, including telephone calls and electronic communications.
II. WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We may use this personal information for the following business purposes:
• to operate, manage, and maintain our business,
• to provide our Products and Services, and
• to accomplish our business purposes and objectives, including, for example, using personal information to develop, improve, repair, and maintain our products and Services and to fulfill your requests; personalize, advertise, and market our products and Services; conduct research, analytics, and data analysis; maintain our property; undertake quality and safety assurance measures; conduct risk and security control and monitoring; detect and prevent fraud; perform identity verification; perform accounting, audit, and other internal functions, such as internal investigations; to carry out corporate transactions, such as mergers, joint ventures or acquisitions; comply with law, legal process, and internal policies; maintain records; and exercise and defend legal claims.
Note: In our efforts to provide our Products and Services, we may occasionally send you push notifications through our mobile Services, including marketing messages and other Service or Transaction-related notifications that may be of importance to you. You may at any time opt-out from receiving these types of communications by turning them off at the device level through your settings.
III. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
COOKIES & INTERNET TECHNOLOGY
Intermex has implemented the capability for the user to manage cookies on our websites. We will only read or write cookies based on your preference level, (note: cookies set prior to you changing your preference level are maintained on your computer, to remove them please refer to your browser settings)
Session ID and Cookies:
THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
We and our third party partners may employ software technology called clear gifs, images, and scripts that help us better manage content on our websites by informing us of what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages or HTML-based emails and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. From time to time, we may also tie cookies, clear gifs, images and scripts to personal information for reasons such as analysis, security, content generation or marketing. If you would like to opt-out of emails, including those with clear gifs, see "Choices You Can Make about Our Use of Your Information" below.
Tools Used to Develop and Analyze Use of the Service:
We may use various analytics tools in order to develop and analyze our customers’ use of the Service. Analytics companies may access anonymous data (such as your identifier for advertising or device identifier) to help us understand how the Service is used. They use this data solely on our behalf. They do not share it except in aggregate form; no data is shared as to any individual user. If you wish to opt-out of Google Analytics tracking, please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
. If you wish to opt out of Crazy Egg tracking, please visit https://www.crazyegg.com/opt-out
Mobile Analytics Software:
We may use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your mobile device. This software may record information such as how often you use the mobile applications, the events that occur within the mobile applications, aggregated usage and performance data, and from where the mobile application was downloaded. We may link the information we store within the analytics software to any personal information you submit within the mobile applications.
Our website may be linked to or from third party websites. Internationa Money Express is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of websites that are linked to or from our website.
“Do Not Track” Browser Setting:
We currently do not recognize "do-not-track" signals from your browser. We engage third parties, such as marketing or analytics partners, who may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our websites.
Local Storage Objects:
We use local storage objects ("LSOs") to prevent unauthorized or fraudulent sign ups. Third parties, with whom we partner to provide certain features on our websites or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity, use LSOs to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing LSOs. To manage Flash LSOs please click here. Disabling LSOs may affect the performance of our Service.
. You may opt out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
IV. INFORMATION SHARED WITH OTHERS
We do not currently “sell” or plan to “sell” personal information we collect without first receiving your permission to do so.
• Third-party service providers under contract with International Money Express that help us with our business operations, such as Transaction processing, fraud prevention, and marketing.
Note: Intenational Money Express only allows third party service providers to use personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with International Money Express’s instructions and compliance requirements.
• Third-parties that we partner with to offer additional products and services, such as gift cards or loyalty points, but only when you elect to participate and/or to receive information about those additional products and services.
• In the event of the sale, acquisition or merger of some or all of our assets, personal information about you, your Recipient or your Beneficiary might be a part of the transferred assets. We will notify you in the event of such an occurrence and inform you of any choices you may have regarding your personal information, by placing a notice on our websites.
• Law enforcement, government officials or other third parties, but only in connection with a formal request, subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure: when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, prevent physical harm or financial loss, report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our User Agreement.
V. ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
You can access, modify or update your personal information submitted on our websites by logging in to your account and changing your preferences or by contacting International Money Express Customer Service at 1-800-670-8611. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
If you are a California resident, you may request that we disclose to you the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
• The categories of personal information we collected about you and the categories of sources from which we collected such personal information;
• The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you;
• The business or commercial purpose for collecting personal information about you;
• The categories of personal information about you that we otherwise shared or disclosed, and the categories of third parties with whom we shared or to whom we disclosed such personal information (if applicable).
To make such a request, please contact Intermex Customer Service at 1-800-670-8611.
In some instances, we may decline to honor your request where an exception applies, such as where the disclosure of personal information would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of another California resident and/or render International Money Express unable to comply with a legal and/or regulatory obligation.
A California resident is a natural person who meets the criteria as defined in Section 17014 of Title 18 of the California Code of Regulations, as that section read on September 1, 2017. Specifically, the term “resident,” as defined in the law, includes (1) every individual who is in the State for other than a temporary or transitory purpose, and (2) every individual who is domiciled in the State who is outside the State for a temporary or transitory purpose. All other individuals are nonresidents.
VI. DATA RETENTION AND DELETION
We will retain your account information, including but not limited to your payment source information and personal information about you, your Recipient, or your Beneficiary, as needed to provide you Service, as required by applicable law, to resolve disputes and to enforce our agreements. International Money Express abides by strict security standards, but if you wish to cancel your account and stop using International Money Express’s Service, please contact International Money Expess Customer Service at 1-866-999-3175.
If you are a California resident, you may request that we delete personal information we collected from you. To make such a request, please contact Intermex Customer Service at 1-800-670-8611.
Note: In some instances, we may decline to honor your request where an exception applies, such as where the disclosure of personal information would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of another California resident and/or render Intermex unable to comply with a legal and/or regulatory obligation.
VII. CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
We endeavor to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable government laws and regulations to guard your personal information. We also endeavor to restrict information access to our employees, agents and representatives that need to know it. We employ industry-accepted standards in protecting the information you submit to us on our websites. We have put in place encryption technology to protect your sensitive information transmitted on our websites. We also require a username and password from each user who wants to access his or her information on our websites. However, you should be aware and are hereby advised that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee and hereby disclaim its absolute security.
VIII. CHOICES ABOUT OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Federal and state law allow you to restrict the sharing of your personal information in certain instances. However, these laws also state that you cannot restrict other types of sharing. Because we have chosen to refrain from certain types of data sharing, the only type of sharing of your personal information that you may restrict is as follows:
• If after giving us your permission to share your personal information with third parties with whom we market our jointly offered products, you later decide that you no longer want us to share such information, you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by mail at 9480 South Dixie Highway, ATTN: Customer Service, Miami, Florida, 33156, USA.
• You may also opt-out from promotional email messages to you or your blog subscription by accessing your Email Preferences under "My Account" or selecting the "Unsubscribe" function present in each promotional or blog email message we send out and providing the required information.
• Information of Minors and Children.
From our website, we do not knowingly target, collect or use personal information from children under 13. Children under 13 should not use this site. If you are under 18, you must get permission from a parent before using our Services or site.
For more information about the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), visit the FTC website: www.ftc.gov
IX. UNLAWFUL DISCRIMINATION
If you are a California resident, you have the right to be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
Those rights include requests to access personal information, to delete information, and to opt out of the sale of personal information. The CCPA specifies that discrimination includes, but is not limited to:
• denying goods or services to consumers;
• charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts, benefits, or other penalties;
• providing a different level or quality of goods or services; and
• suggesting that a consumer will receive a different price or quality of goods or services if the consumer exercises rights under the law.
X. THIRD PARTY SITES
Our websites may contain links to other websites. Intermex is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy practices of these other websites prior to submitting your personal information to them.
XI. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may amend this policy at any time, and shall notify you by posting a revised version on our websites and/or email. If we make a material change to the manner in which we collect, use, or store personal information about you, your Recipient or your Beneficiary, we will provide notice to you at or before the point of personal information collection.
This Policy was last updated December 31, 2019.
XII. CONTACTING INTERNATIONAL MONEY EXPRESS